Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Roulette Peppers...

A while back, a dinner guest of mine gifted me three orphaned padrone pepper plants; she had simply run out of room in her garden to plant anything else.  They were tiny fragile things, but I assured her I would take good care of them.  I am not the best when it comes to growing things...I've tried to nurture tomatoes more times than I'd care to mention and never had much to show for it, I accidentally let my basil go to seed pretty much annually, and have had rabbits nibble away at anything that remotely looks edible in our back yard, but I had made a commitment to these peppers.  And just look...
I actually harvested these beauties and I feel like a micro urban farmer.  I plan to blister these in a pan and hit them with a little sea salt and see what happens.  Padrones are a member of the capsicum family, but unlike their sibling peppers (like scorching hot habaneros) tend not to be hot.  Well, about 90% of them any way; the other 10% pack a punch I'm told.  Let the padrone pepper roulette begin.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...